Friday, September 22, 2006

Spontaneous Generation
January 2006

I had an amusing situation with the kids. We used to have a little coffee shop right up the road. The owners were very nice and since I live in a small town, they knew everyone, and everyone stopped in there for coffee and a chat. One day I came in with my three rambunctious urchins (at the time 6,4,and 3 years old) in tow when one gent, sitting at a table having coffee, said, "Where are the rest of your kids?" I gave him a puzzled look, and he said, "Don't you have, like, six of them?" I nearly died laughing! Told him it sure seemed like there were a half dozen of them on some days!
Hubber just said this morning (while perusing the paper for a bigger vehicle), "If we didn't have to drive Orion around, it would be a whole lot easier to get a bigger vehicle. Some of these cars are quite roomy." I told him the fact is we now have four children (I now consider the dog a kid), and why didn't he say, "If we didn't have to drive Thing One around...." since he takes up the most room!

No comments:

Post a Comment