Friday, September 22, 2006

Morning Musings....
September 2006

I was going through some of the stuff I have for Therapy Dogs, looking over books and articles so I could refresh my mind before Orion and I go off visitin' some area nursing homes, when I came across this photo of an elderly lady in bed looking up at a llama. Now I don't know about anyone else, but if I were an elderly lady in a nursing home and woke up and saw a llama peering down at me, I'd sh*t the bed! I mean, really, I know what went through that old lady's mind (I've worked in retirement and nursing homes), and it probably went something like this:
Someone comes to the door of the lady's room, knocks, and says, "Would you like to see my llama?" Now this old lady is thinking, "Who on earth is this? Am I supposed to know this person? I must know this person, but for the life of me I can't think of who it is!" She's also a bit hard of hearing, and trying to be polite she says, "Uh, yes, sure." In through the door comes this person, followed by a LLAMA! Now it"s not likely the old lady has ever seen a llama before; basset hounds, yes, llamas, no. When asked if she wanted to see a llama she was probably thinking it was another resident or maybe a piece of jewelry and she hadn't heard correctly. The lady is thinking, "What the...Holy Geez...Are you trying to KILL me? I know, it's that no good son of mine and his greedy wife, sent this person here with this creature to give me a heart attack so they can get their greedy hands on my money! Well, I'll fix them! I'm calling my lawyer and having them removed from my will! Trying to scare the life out of me, I'll show them!" The visitor and llama leave, the old lady calls her lawyer, and when she dies her loving son and his sweet wife are completely baffled that they've been disowned. The old lady must not have had all her marbles or something, they think.
All because of a llama......

No comments:

Post a Comment