Saturday, August 09, 2008

Wow, a whole month has gone by...

I can't beleive Mom hasn't posted anything on my blog in a whole month. Now is she lazy or what? I had so much going on, you'd think she'd be filling pages and pages.
First, there was my long awaited visit to the library! Of course, Mom forgot the camera (sigh, she'll never learn, will she?). Aquila and I were rushed to the beauty parlor for a bath, then whisked to the library before we even had time to drool on ourselves. Mom took the advice of her friends and told the kids how to approach an unfamiliar dog, then she brought us in. The usual "Oooohs and Ahhhs" ensued as Mom talked about Newfoundland dogs, what we were bred for, our webbed feet, and then answered the usual questions (Do we eat a lot, do we shed, lol, do we always drool that much, etc.). She also explained what dog shows were about, why a reputable breeder is important for any breed, and about newf rescue. At the end, the kids and families came up to adore and pet us and give us cookies. Aquila got way too much attention, probably because Mom likes to put a bow in her hair.
The next big thing was MY BIRTHDAY! That is just my favorite day. I get blueberry kuchen, lots of presents, and the day is all about me, me, me. I love it!
Shortly after that Mom took Aquila and me to the nursing home for a visit. I hadn't been in a while, and this was 'Kee's first time. She did very well, she really loves be petted by everyone. Mom is going to take her back for another visit, but hasn't figured out how to bring us both, and you know she wouldn't want to leave ME home.
So that's what I've been up to, summed up in a nutshell. Maybe Mom will stop reading books and spend more time writing down my every move for your enjoyment. I'll keep pestering her, and reminding her that we are due for some new photos.

2 comments:

  1. More photos are a must! Especially if you get wet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Druze, Ricky Here. I think you got gyped! My Dad took Zillions of Pictures on my Birthday. They even got posted on Newf Net! That way everyone could see how wonderful and unassuming I am. I looked great of course.....but I digress. You should really carry a camera around in a backpack, and that way your Mom has no excuse to take your picture.

    ReplyDelete