Saturday, March 22, 2008

One busy Newf

Gee, it's been a long Winter. I have been pretty much lying around, slugging by the fire, holding down the carpet, and leaving puddles of drool as I wait for Spring to arrive. With Spring, we can resume our walkies, you see. I LIVE for our walkies. So you can imagine my excitement when Mom loaded me in the car the day the kiddos missed the bus. I figured she'd just take them to school, but instead she drove right past our house after depositing them at their assigned places. Where was she going so early in the morning? Is that her turn signal I hear???? I jumped up from my spot in the back of the car, cuz I knew what the turn signal at that particular spot meant: A walkie!! I started bouncing around the car (shaking it, Mom said) and wimpering with delight. When she opened the door, I shot out at full speed. It had been months since I'd last been here, and all those smells, all those rocks, all those trees, and that was just next to the parking lot. When I noticed two other cars in the lot, I knew who they belonged to, so I ran as fast as I could to see my human friends and their doggers. They were all happy to see me, and I, them. The trail was perfect (perfectly ICY!) so Mom walked very slowly to enjoy the scenery. She has since taken me back, it's less icy now but much, much more wet, which is even better, though Mom is thinking she'd prefer it a little drier. Don't understand why she doesn't like to get her feet wet, it is so much fun to slop in the mud. Especially since I had just visited the beatuy parlor, and you know how dull it is to be clean.
So Spring is here, the crucus are blooming, the sun is warming things up. Life is just delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment